Monday, October 6, 2014

Nn- Nest

I'm getting behind on my posts! I meant to post this last week and forgot to do it before we left for vacation.For the MFW k users who are following along and was expecting this post to be "apple week," we decided to skip apple and come back to it in a couple weeks so that we can go to the orchard.Our "Nn" week was a short one for us though, because we're getting ready for a vacation and a wedding. We still managed to fit in a few fun things.

Our words to remember were "God takes good care of me." We talked about different types of animal homes and then specifically about birds nests and how they make them. Then we discussed how if God takes care of the animals, He will also take care of us.

For our tactile letter activity I tried to keep it simple this week, so I just drew an "N" on paper and Boo used pieces of colored yarn to practice building her letter. We also used our salt tray to practice lower case "n."

 
For our craft (that we make each week in place of badges) I found this cute paper plate craft. It was really simple. I just had them color the back side of a paper plate brown and then cut the plate in half and stapled it together to form a pocket. Then I cut out some simple bird shapes and they glued on beaks, drew eyes, and stapled them into the nest. We decided to cut up some strips of the extra construction paper to stuff inside then we glued on our words to remember. I thought they turned out really cute and it was a quick easy craft.


 Our curriculum said make an edible nest and suggested a recipe, but I thought that rice crispy nests would be easier. By this point we were all sick too and didn't feel like doing anything! They were yummy though!


We read a book every day this week. Here's what we used..The Scarecrow"s Hat, Silly Little Goose, Nest (mostly pictures), Annie and Snowball and the cozy nest, The Best Nest.
I had so many more plans for "nest" week but we never got to them. One was to make mini nests out of brown paper lunch bags. You just roll the sides of the bag down till ot reaches the bottom and forms a nest shape and then I wanted to go on a nature hunt to see what we could collect in our nests. We never got to it though. We have on more week off for vacation before we get back to school, so it will be a couple weeks before I post about apple, but I'm gonna try my best to keep this blog up to date.

No comments:

Post a Comment